Monday, March 21, 2022

                         I Shot The Sheriff, Drawing by Sexy Rabbit | Artmajeur

Hey!! I decided to do my blog on I shot the Sheriff, but I did the version by Bob Marley, I did listen to both versions, however. I liked both versions I think they are both good, I really like Bob Marley’s voice though I think it is kind of soothing which is why I picked his version rather than Eric Clapton’s. Eric Clapton’s version or cover of this song, however, I feel is more upbeat and more modern to king of what we listen to now. This song along with all of Bob Marley’s song I feel like just have a good bouncy beat that make it easy to nod your head along with. As for the meaning of this song, for my interpretation I feel like he could be saying, “yeah I did this one thing, but I didn’t do the one you are accusing me of.” From the line “I shot the sheriff, but I didn’t shoot the deputy” according to the Wailers it is people are judging you and you can’t stand it anymore. So, I feel like I was not too far off from what they were hoping to get across. Overall, I think it’s a pretty good song, both versions.

4 comments:

  1. First off, your blog is so cool! I like that you included an image with your post. I think that even though Clapton and Marley are singing the same song, both versions are so different and have a different vibe. I think that a "bouncy beat" is a good way of putting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Picture choice to complete up your blog! Bob Marley's version of "I shot the Sherriff" is a classic choice to summarize Reggae, it has the traditional "trippy" beat, Political lyrics that raise a question, and a singer who inspries others. Bob Marley's inspiration even goes as far to make other singers do covers of this great song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello ireland, i like your take on the meaning of the song i think it was pretty spot on, and I agree that bob marley's version is more fun to bop along to. His reggae style has a super nice effect on this song

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ireland, Fantastic blog post with great insights. I think this song is a classic and a great choice for a blog post. I was not aware that Bob Marley did a cover of I shot the sherriff.

    ReplyDelete

  What’s up y’all! Now we are to the music I listened to growing up! These songs are so fun for me to listen to. The song I picked this week...