Monday, March 7, 2022

Aretha Franklin - Respect (Official Lyric Video) - YouTube

Hey!! So, this week I did my blog on “respect” by Aretha franklin. I picked this song because we all know it and its super upbeat and fun! I also picked this song because I really like the feel of this song, it is just upbeat and exciting. There isn’t a part in this song that you aren’t wanting to tap your foot or sing along. She does a really good job of keeping you engaged in the song and wanting it to keep going. The music in this song apart from the lyrics is so exciting and just fits so well, the music and the lyrics complement each other so nicely. I think the saxophone is such a nice addition to this song and the little saxophone solo in between the lyrics is different but really suits the song. This song also makes me laugh, because when you first listen to this song you don’t pay a whole ton of attention to the words besides respect, so you think she is just talking about respects until you listen to the song a couple times then you realize what she is really talking about. Overall, I think this song is really good and brings some light to people’s lives.

1 comment:

  1. one of the first thoughts I had while listening to this song was how little I had reflected on the literal meaning of the song. The trendy tune and hook keep people engaged, yet the real message is in the story. I love her take on a relationship and sharing with each other. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

  What’s up y’all! Now we are to the music I listened to growing up! These songs are so fun for me to listen to. The song I picked this week...